29 June 2009

Training Day 0

Well, it is 09:43 on 29 June 2009. In just over 15 minutes, the reporting window opens up at Maxwell AFB and Training Day 0 Officially Begins. It has been a long wait.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. I feel like that is all I have been doing since December. Now, the big day has finally arrived and I find myself sitting here surprisingly calm. I am anxious to be sure but mostly it is excited energy. I am excited to find out what my commitment to the Air Force is all about.

I feel like I have prepared as well as I can for this day - I have done plenty of running/push-ups /sit-ups, I have read the operating instructions a few times, purchased my uniforms, had alterations done and name-tapes sewn on, and I even got my ID card. For the last 2 days I have been in Montgomery getting myself mentally prepared. And if all of that isn't enough, I found an episode of JAG on USA and as I write this, I have it playing in the background. So, what more can I do?

Yesterday I drove around Maxwell AFB and found where I am supposed to go to check in. So, I suppose all I have to do now is show up. Wish me luck. I have a feeling it's going to be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment